Thursday 27 July 2017

Kilchoan Post Office Closures

From Chris Ball:

ADVANCED NOTICE:

The Kilchoan Post Office will be shut:

From midday Thursday 3rd August

Opening again 9am Wednesday 9th August

The shop and petrol station are unaffected and will be open as usual.


I have no option but to shut the Post Office for the above period for personal reasons. Susanne will be traveling to Kent where the family is gathering to remember Jonathan and my Mother. Unfortunately, there is no one else who is trained and available to run the Post Office.

I apologise for any inconvenience and ask that you to please try and arrange your post office needs ahead of the closure.

We have been able to overcome our staffing issues so that the shop will now be open Mondays and all days as usual. My thanks are due to Helen for resolving this. However, that has not helped resolve staff shortages with the Post Office. Susanne has kindly run the Post Office in a voluntary capacity for the last 8 months with little by way of breaks. Jim Caldwell has done a sterling job in standing in for Susanne when he has been able, but alas it is no longer possible for him to do so. I am sure you will want to join me in thanking Jim for all that he has done.

Susanne has asked that going forward she has two full consecutive days off each week, which I don’t think is unreasonable. Therefore, until further notice:

The Post Office will remain closed on Mondays.

In the fullness of time we hope to be able to train up someone else to run the Post Office counter, but as you will be aware, we are still suffering from some staff shortages at this busy height of the season and the training takes a little while.

Please respect these closures and plan accordingly. If you have any concerns please raise them with me, Chris Ball, 07697 663521, rather than with the staff who are doing an excellent job in maintaining this vital service to the community through difficult times.

My continued thanks to all the staff and volunteers for their invaluable help in continuing to ensure the shop remains open for the benefit of the community.

Unfortunately due to further ill health in recent days I have not yet been able to move forward with the sale of the Shop. Please rest assured that I want to resolve this as fast as I can, but not at further expense to my health.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Chris Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment