Thursday 9 August 2012

Missing Cat - Found

Readers with longish memories will remember the Dairy story of Sue Cheadle's appeal for help in finding her missing cat, Gizmo - here.  The good news is that he's been found, not in Sanna where they live, but in Ormsaigbeg.  Sue writes:

"After my husband, Stan, spotted what we thought might be Gizmo near the campsite in Ormsaigbeg, I put the word and some posters out.  By Thursday pm last week I think everyone in Ormsaigbeg had seen a ginger cat except me. It had crossed Trevor Pott's path twice that morning.

"Once again I searched and called to no avail. On Friday the couple staying at the caravan on the site told me a ginger cat had kept them awake until about 1.00am calling. So on Friday before my shift at the pub I put food down where they had said they had seen him. Not only had the food gone but they watched him eat it around 9.30pm.

"So the next night at 8.00pm I set off with a trap, cat food & a prayer. I stopped at 'Kishorn' and called, and sure enough from the bracken below I was greeted with a very loud meow. I couldn't understand it I have been up dozens of times this last week and nothing.  The meowing became frantic but it took 45 minutes before he was confident enough to come for a fuss. That was enough for me, he was up and in the car in seconds. Of course it took me another 15 minutes to get in the car myself without risking him getting back out.

"He seemed to know we were home as soon as we parked up in Sanna.  He has lost lots of weight and is three shades lighter than he was, but his little black nose spots haven't changed.   It's so good to have him home."

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant.A happy ending.
    Wonder how on earth he got so far from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to hear the good news, just goes to shown you should never give up hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was he a stowaway in Stan's van?

    ReplyDelete