Thursday 16 August 2012

Another Adder

From Gill Cowe:

We are regular visitors to Kilchoan – I have actually been a visitor since about 1975 or so when my parents used to rent the croft opposite the Kilchoan House Hotel (the McKinnons'). We have been staying in the A Frames recently and during our visit my son found an adder on the grass verge. Thankfully, he didn’t stand on it – I had been telling them to step on to the verge if a car came as they were on their scooters and it was right on the bend up at Grace’s A.

The adder was okay with us but as soon as my daughter got my husband to come over his taller figure must have scared it as it hissed and headed back into the bracken.  I'm just thankful it wasn’t a visit to the nurse with a small child bitten!

It hasn't put us off though – we're planning our next visit! Mind you, our last visit was last May with the rain and gales, so this visit has been tropical in comparison!

Many thanks to Gill for photo and story.  She adds, "I posted the photo on Facebook and one of my friends asked why I was posting a photo of weeds!"

No comments:

Post a Comment