Saturday 2 October 2010

Flock Rock

From Rachael Haylett

When I was little, I was obsessed with the Disney film The Lion King which I had on video. I was constantly drawing Lion King pictures, took my toy Simba with me everywhere, and have watched the film so many times I could probably still recite half of it.

When I moved up to Scotland, we didn't have many holidays because of the shop, but one long weekend my parents took me on an amazing trip to London, where we were lucky enough to see The Lion King at a West End theatre – a fantastic production which, since it's still running, I would encourage anyone with young children in particular to see.

Full of inspiration , I came back to Scotland wishing our wilderness hid lions, hyenas, zebras and so forth. For want of such wildlife, Dad and I used to imagine that the sheep were in charge of Ardnamurchan and had their own version of The Lion King’s Pride Rock – Flock Rock.

Judging by this photo, perhaps it was more than just imagination.

Link to Lion King clip, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment